RICK HAS BEEN BOARD CERTIFIED IN PERSONAL INJURY LAW BY THE TEXAS BOARD OF LEGAL SPECIALIZATION SINCE 2002. LESS THAN 2% OF ALL TEXAS ATTORNEYS ARE BOARD CERTIFIED IN PERSONAL INJURY LAW.
Approximately only 1,350 Texas attorneys are now Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law.
Certification means that an attorney has been recognized as having extensive knowledge and experience trying a prescribed number of personal injury cases to a jury verdict.
All Personal Injury Trial Law Board Certified Attorneys in Texas must have:
- Been licensed to practice law for at least 5 years
- Practiced personal injury trial law for at least 3 years
- Devoted a minimum of 25% of their law practice to personal injury trial law
- Handled a wide variety of personal injury trial law matters to demonstrate experience and involvement.
The type of cases include but is not limited to: vehicle accidents, oilfield accidents, worker’s compensation, premises liability, products liability, statutory tort claims, maritime accidents, wrongful death claims or claims involving mental anguish damages not necessarily accompanied by a physical jury. The lawyer must also have:
- Extensive knowledge of the law of evidence, procedure, and other substantive law in the trial of civil cases.
- Attended personal injury trial law continuing legal education seminars regularly to keep their legal training up to date
- Been evaluated by fellow lawyers and judges
- Passed a day-long written examination
Rick understands the importance of knowing top experts in the field involving a serious injury AND investigating a case immediately while consulting with the experts early on.