Rick grew up in Ozona, Texas where he still has family. He and his wife, Johanna, have been married for 27 years and have 3 children. Rick is very active in the community, serving on the Board of Directors of First Financial Bank of San Angelo and the San Angelo Health Foundation.
He is a board member of West Texas C.R.E.O. an association of business professionals that promotes higher education among disadvantaged students. He is also a member of the American G.I. Forum and the Chamber of Commerce Diversity Committee.
Rick takes an active role in his church where he assists with the Cursillo and A.C.T.S. retreats.
Civic & Church Involvement
- Past Chairman – La Esperanza Health and Dental Center (La Esperanza Clinic)
- Past President of Pastoral Council – Holy Angels Catholic Church
- Past Chairperson – Annual Fundraising Committee (Holy Angels & St. Mary’s)
- Past Board Member of: The United Way of the Concho Valley, The Boys & Girls Club, San Angelo Chamber of Commerce, La Esperanza Clinic
- Past Member of: Christian Men’s Network, Chamber of Commerce Diversity Committee, Catholic Outreach Services, YMCA advisory committee, Christian Breakfast Organization, American G.I. Forum, Association of Hispanic Leaders, Leadership San Angelo
- Chamber Director of the Year
- Leader of the Year
- Minority Business of the Year — 2010